Saturday, October 1, 2011

Where the Angels Live

Well...here it is. My last post on New Zealand. Its kind of sad to be writing this, knowing that there will certainly never be another trip quite like it. But I'm sure that I will eventually return someday so moving forward!

This last post is about Milford Sound, easily the most gorgeous place on the planet. In fact, gorgeous doenst do it justice. I feel like I should invent a new word for it...gortimazing (gorgeous + beautiful + amazing). There it is, call up Webster and tell them that "gortimazing" was the child of Jordan Rath. Anyways, this last post will not have many words, I'd rather the pictures speak for themselves, which trust me, they do.

Being in Milford Sound was like being on another planet, it was like something that you see in sci-fi movies. If bungee jumping was a mental experience and skydiving was a physical experience, then Milford Sound would definitely be a spiritual experience. It reinforced my faith that there is in fact a God. I mean sure science can explain everything in Milford Sound, but there just has to be a greater force at work there that makes that science even possible, some super creative, mind-blowing, force. The cruise that we took through Milford Sound was literally just 3 hours of my mind being blown. So instead of talking, I will just present the pictures (keep in mind these are ALL taken on my iPhone):
































Pretty amazing huh? Or should I say gortimazing? Anyways, after we done at Milford Sound, we stopped by a place called the Mirror Lakes which was stunning in its own right:


So there it is everybody! My trip to New Zealand in some various nutshells. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did, and soon I will be back to posting about boring, old Australia ;-) In case you missed it, here are the links to the other posts:

Introduction and Overview:
http://jrathslife.blogspot.com/2011/09/my-extreme-life-experience.html

Glacier Hiking:
http://jrathslife.blogspot.com/2011/09/ice-ice-baby.html

Bungee Jumping:
http://jrathslife.blogspot.com/2011/09/aa-adrenaline-addicted.html

Skydiving:
http://jrathslife.blogspot.com/2011/09/fallingfallingstill-falling.html

I will leave you with a parting shot of Milford Sound, truly a place where the angels live.









No comments:

Post a Comment