Thursday, August 4, 2011

Make Like a Tom and "Cruise"

Well its been 1 MONTH!! Four Fridays ago, I was tired as hell wandering around this new neighborhood trying to get my bearings. Now I am settled in, going to class, socializing and having fun!

For example, about two weeks ago, I got to go on a free nighttime cruise around Sydney Harbor, and despite the rain, it was a great time!

The cruise ship was two levels and had a dance floor on the bottom with a bar and a deck on top. We left from Darling Harbor, which is very near to where the famous Opera House-Bridge combo is located, and over the course of the next three hours we passed in front of all the sites and turned around and came back.

The sights were incredible, truly something I will never forget for the rest of my life. The Bridge, skyline, and Opera House at night time, in the pouring rain are really sensational. It was one of those very surreal moments where you are shocked that you are in Sydney, Australia.







After the cruise was over, the company that we took the cruise with, Backpackers World Travel, took us to a local bar for free entry and we got a free drink at the door. It was a really fun time to continue the dancing from the cruise ship (I have busted-a-move down here quite a few times so far) and socialize with some Aussies. The name of the cruise made me chuckle because it reminded me of my favorite drink back at our ULofts parties:


Its called the Scary Canary, and while not titled "Scary Cherry" the notion still came to mind! Overall, it was a very fun night, and a very memorable one.

No comments:

Post a Comment